In spite of 16 points and 9 assists from Jason Brickman, the Blackbirds came up short 82-74 against Quinnipiac on January 5th. On top of a team-high 8.2 assists per game, he also scores 10.3 points per game. In a 68-55 victory over Fairleigh Dickinson on January 5th, Kenneth Ortiz put up 22 points and 5 assists for the Seahawks. He leads the team in assists with 4.6 per game and steals with 1.9 per game. Wagner ranks 2nd in their conference in free throw rate at 45.0, which also places them 15th in the country.
- The Long Island scoring leader (Jamal Olasewere) has more points than the Wagner scoring leader (Jonathon Williams).
- Jamal Olasewere is ranked 2nd in the NEC in points, 3rd in the NEC in rebounds, and 5th in the NEC in steals.
- Julian Boyd is ranked 10th in the NEC in points and 6th in the NEC in blocks.
- The Long Island steals leader (Jamal Olasewere) has more steals than the Wagner steals leader (Kenneth Ortiz).
- Long Island is a better shooting team (45.2% vs 38.2%) than Wagner this season.
- The Long Island assist leader (Jason Brickman) has more assists than the Wagner assist leader (Kenneth Ortiz).
- The Long Island rebounding leader (Jamal Olasewere) has more rebounds than the Wagner rebounding leader (Jonathon Williams).
- You get an A for effort, but Long Island has emerged victorious against Wagner the last 4 times they've played.
- Jason Brickman is ranked 4th nationally in assists.
- It must sting. Long Island has blown out Wagner by 20 points or more on 9 occasions since 1996.
- We just win. Long Island has more wins over the last 5 years than Wagner (102 vs 88).