The 16 points by Mike McCall Jr helped the Billikens to a 67-59 victory over Savannah State on January 4th. He leads the team in scoring average, scoring 11.9 points per contest. For the Minutemen, Chaz Williams finished with 14 points and 9 assists in the 75-61 win over Eastern Michigan on January 5th. He contributes a team-leading 15.4 points per game, 7.3 assists per game, and 1.9 steals per game.
- Saint Louis is better under pressure, and has defeated Massachusetts in 4 out of the last 5 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Cory Remekun is ranked 5th in the A-10 in blocks.
- The Saint Louis rebounding leader (Dwayne Evans) has more rebounds than the Massachusetts rebounding leader (Terrell Vinson).
- Saint Louis has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than Massachusetts according to Kiplinger (60.5% vs 49%).
- Saint Louis is a better three-point shooting team (36.4% vs 29.8%) than Massachusetts this season.
- Saint Louis players are more experienced than Massachusetts players (15,903 minutes played vs 13,022 minutes played).
- Saint Louis is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Saint Louis is 221 lbs compared to 204 lbs for Massachusetts.
- The Saint Louis blocks leader (Cory Remekun) has more blocks than the Massachusetts blocks leader (Cady Lalanne).
- Cody Ellis is ranked 10th in the A-10 in three-pointers.
- Be afraid. Saint Louis has blown out more teams than Massachusetts this season (5 blowouts vs 0).
- Maybe someday you'll play some real competition. Saint Louis has a stronger schedule (including future opponents) than Massachusetts this season (Projected SOS Rank: #78 vs #90).