In spite of 22 points from Velton Jones, the Colonials came up short 77-70 against Central Connecticut State on January 5th. A stat-sheet stuffer, he leads the team with 12.6 points per game, 5.6 assists per game, and 1.9 steals per game. The Knights were defeated by Wagner 68-55 on January 5th despite 16 points and 16 rebounds from Kinu Rochford. He leads the team in rebounds with 10.0 per game and blocks with 1.3 per game.
Fairleigh Dickinson StatSmack
- Robert Morris has a better scoring defense (66.7 allowed per game vs 81.3 allowed per game) than Fairleigh Dickinson this season.
- The Robert Morris blocks leader (Vaughn Morgan) has more blocks than the Fairleigh Dickinson blocks leader (Kinu Rochford).
- It's only wins and losses, but Robert Morris has a better overall record than Fairleigh Dickinson this season (8-5 vs 5-7).
- The Robert Morris three-point leader (Karvel Anderson) has more three-pointers than the Fairleigh Dickinson three-point leader (Mustafaa Jones).
- Lucky Jones is ranked 7th in the NEC in rebounds.
- Robert Morris can actually jump, with more rebounds (32.9 per game vs 29.1 per game) than Fairleigh Dickinson this season.
- The Robert Morris steals leader (Mike McFadden) has more steals than the Fairleigh Dickinson steals leader (Sidney Sanders Jr.).
- Robert Morris players are more experienced than Fairleigh Dickinson players (13,397 minutes played vs 8,318 minutes played).
- Robert Morris is better under pressure, and has defeated Fairleigh Dickinson in 5 out of the last 8 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Even computers respect Robert Morris more. We have a better RPI this season than Fairleigh Dickinson (RPI: #118 vs #156).