In their last outing, behind 22 points from Gary Harris, the Spartans blew out Purdue 84-61 on January 5th. While contributing 2.4 rebounds per game, he also scores 13.1 points per game. For the Hawkeyes, Anthony Clemmons finished with 12 points and 7 assists in the 95-67 loss to Michigan on January 6th. He is averaging 4.8 points per game and leads the team in assists with 4.3 per game.
- At least you keep showing up. Michigan State has an average margin of victory of 12 over Iowa in 37 wins since 1980.
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Michigan State has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Iowa (19 vs 8).
- Michigan State has a much better NCSA Athletic Ranking than Iowa (#39 vs #55).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Michigan State has a stronger schedule than Iowa this season (SOS Rank: #60 vs #193).
- The Michigan State assist leader (Keith Appling) has more assists than the Iowa assist leader (Anthony Clemmons).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Michigan State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (981 to 947) than Iowa, per the NCAA.
- The Michigan State rebounding leader (Derrick Nix) has more rebounds than the Iowa rebounding leader (Aaron White).
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Michigan State is superior to Iowa (Latest AP Poll: #18 vs Not Ranked).
- The Michigan State steals leader (Branden Dawson) has more steals than the Iowa steals leader (Mike Gesell).
- We just win. Michigan State has more wins over the last 5 years than Iowa (145 vs 78).
- It must sting. Michigan State has blown out Iowa by 20 points or more on 9 occasions since 1997.