Central Connecticut State has a statistical edge over Sacred Heart in a single key area, scoring, where the Blue Devils have the upper hand over the Pioneers, 73 points per game to 66 points per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Central Connecticut State is strong in turnover percentage at 18.0. This is good enough for 1st in the conference and 60th in the nation.
Central Connecticut State StatSmack
- Sacred Heart is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Sacred Heart is 76.6 inches compared to 75.5 inches for Central Connecticut State.
- The Sacred Heart basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Central Connecticut State (92% vs 43%).
- Shane Gibson is ranked 7th in the NEC in points and 6th in the NEC in three-pointers.
- Sacred Heart is better at defending the three (36.8% allowed vs 41.0% allowed) than Central Connecticut State this season.
- Sacred Heart players are more experienced than Central Connecticut State players (11,732 minutes played vs 6,414 minutes played).
- At least you keep showing up. Sacred Heart has an average margin of victory of 11 over Central Connecticut State in 10 wins since 1997.
- Sacred Heart is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Sacred Heart is 205 lbs compared to 194 lbs for Central Connecticut State.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Sacred Heart has a stronger schedule than Central Connecticut State this season (SOS Rank: #101 vs #114).
- Sacred Heart allows fewer rebounds (36.7 allowed per game vs 41.5 allowed per game) than Central Connecticut State this season.
- Louis Montes is ranked 8th in the NEC in rebounds.