The 49ers got past UC-Santa Barbara 77-70 on January 5th with the help of 19 points and 9 rebounds from Michael Caffey. In addition to a team-leading 4.1 assists per game, he chips in 12.0 points per game. The Matadors were defeated by Cal State Fullerton 105-86 on January 5th despite 22 points and 12 rebounds from Stephen Maxwell. He contributes 7.8 rebounds per game in addition to his 12.9 points per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Cal State Northridge is strong in offensive rebounding percentage at 37.9. This is good enough for 2nd in the conference and 40th in the nation.
Cal State Northridge StatSmack
- How does our back look? Long Beach State is ranked higher than Cal State Northridge in the Big West (#1 vs #6).
- Long Beach State players are more experienced than Cal State Northridge players (7,329 minutes played vs 5,993 minutes played).
- James Ennis is ranked 5th in the Big West in points, 9th in the Big West in rebounds, 8th in the Big West in steals, and 3rd in the Big West in blocks.
- Dan Jennings is ranked 7th in the Big West in blocks.
- Long Beach State beat Cal State Northridge by 8 points the last time they played (Feb 04, 2012).
- The Long Beach State blocks leader (James Ennis) has more blocks than the Cal State Northridge blocks leader (Brandon Perry).
- At least you keep showing up. Long Beach State has an average margin of victory of 11 over Cal State Northridge in 14 wins since 1990.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Long Beach State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (959 to 918) than Cal State Northridge, per the NCAA.
- Long Beach State is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Long Beach State is 77.6 inches compared to 76.1 inches for Cal State Northridge.
- Michael Caffey is ranked 3rd in the Big West in assists and 5th in the Big West in steals.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Long Beach State has a stronger schedule than Cal State Northridge this season (SOS Rank: #8 vs #132).