Morehead State vs. Austin Peay: Full Game Preview
|Morehead State||M Chavis 12.4||C Posthumus 6.5||D Atkinson 5.2|
|Austin Peay||T Betran 17.3||C Horton 6.8||J Purvis 3.4|
In their last match-up on January 5th, Angelo Warner put up 11 points and 7 rebounds as the Eagles ran it up on Eastern Illinois 65-50. While contributing 4.1 rebounds per game, he also scores 9.3 points per game. The Governors were defeated by Tennessee-Martin 76-74 on January 5th despite 22 points and 6 assists from Travis Betran. He leads the team in points with 17.3 per game and steals with 1.4 per game.
Austin Peay StatSmack
- You get an A for effort, but Morehead State has emerged victorious against Austin Peay the last 4 times they've played.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Morehead State has a stronger schedule than Austin Peay this season (SOS Rank: #64 vs #232).
- At least you keep showing up. Morehead State has an average margin of victory of 9 over Austin Peay in 31 wins since 1980.
- We just win. Morehead State has more wins over the last 5 years than Austin Peay (108 vs 96).
- The Morehead State assist leader (Devon Atkinson) has more assists than the Austin Peay assist leader (Travis Betran).
- Even computers respect Morehead State more. We have a better RPI this season than Austin Peay (RPI: #203 vs #318).
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Morehead State has had more players drafted by the NBA than Austin Peay (2 vs 0).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Morehead State has come back to win after being down at half against Austin Peay 4 times since 1996.
- Milton Chavis is ranked 3rd in the Ohio Valley in steals.