(11-4, 5-4 away)
(3-10, 3-5 home)
Venue: Tutor Fieldhouse
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 09, 2013
|Southern Miss||D Davis 13.1||J Mills 6.6||N Watson 5.1|
|Rice||T Jackson 16.9||T Jackson 6.8||T Jackson 2.1|
On the other side, the Owls turn the ball over less, with an average of 12 per game to 16 per game.
- Even computers respect Southern Miss more. We have a better RPI this season than Rice (RPI: #56 vs #324).
- Southern Miss is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Southern Miss is 75.9 inches compared to 74.8 inches for Rice.
- Jonathan Mills is ranked 9th in C-USA in rebounds.
- Southern Miss is a better shooting team (46.4% vs 39.0%) than Rice this season.
- Southern Miss has a more potent offense, scoring more points (68.6 per game vs 57.9 per game) than Rice this season.
- You get an A for effort, but Southern Miss has emerged victorious against Rice the last 3 times they've played.
- Southern Miss beat Rice by 2 points the last time they played (Feb 25, 2012).
- Michael Craig is ranked 1st in C-USA in steals.
- Jerrold Brooks is ranked 6th in C-USA in three-pointers and 7th in C-USA in steals.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Southern Miss has a stronger schedule than Rice this season (SOS Rank: #184 vs #230).
- Southern Miss has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.630 to 0.380).