In a 106-39 beatdown of Walla Walla on January 5th, Anthony Drmic put up 22 points for the Broncos. While contributing 4.7 rebounds per game, he also scores 15.6 points per game. For the Cowboys, Leonard Washington finished with 19 points and 11 rebounds in the 59-56 win over Southern Methodist on January 2nd. He leads the team in points with 14.9 per game, rebounds with 8.5 per game, and blocks with 2.0 per game. When considering the Four Factors, Wyoming performs well in free throw rate at 46.5. This ranks 2nd in the conference and 7th in the country.
- Derrick Marks is ranked 6th in the Mountain West in points, 6th in the Mountain West in assists, and 29th nationally in steals.
- Boise State has a more potent offense, scoring more points (78.2 per game vs 69.3 per game) than Wyoming this season.
- Boise State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Boise State is 204 lbs compared to 192 lbs for Wyoming.
- The Boise State scoring leader (Derrick Marks) has more points than the Wyoming scoring leader (Leonard Washington).
- Boise State is better at defending the three (31.8% allowed vs 35.9% allowed) than Wyoming this season.
- We just win. Boise State has more wins over the last 5 years than Wyoming (104 vs 84).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Boise State has a stronger schedule than Wyoming this season (SOS Rank: #185 vs #281).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Boise State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (956 to 938) than Wyoming, per the NCAA.
- Boise State is a better three-point shooting team (39.8% vs 34.7%) than Wyoming this season.
- At least you keep showing up. Boise State has an average margin of victory of 8 over Wyoming in 5 wins since 1980.
- The Boise State three-point leader (Jeff Elorriaga) has more three-pointers than the Wyoming three-point leader (Luke Martinez).