(14-1, 4-0 away)
Penn State 51
(8-6, 7-4 home)
Venue: Bryce Jordan Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 07, 2013
||C Zeller 16
||C Zeller 7
||K Ferrell 5
||T Frazier 16
||R Travis 7
||D (DJ) Newbill 3
No. 5 Indiana pounded Penn State 74-51 in conference play on an evening when they outshot the Nittany Lions 52%-32%. The game was never in question, with Indiana taking an insurmountable 44-27 lead into the locker room at halftime. The Hoosiers got the win with 15 points and five rebounds from Cody Zeller. Christian Watford had a game-high 16 points and added eight rebounds. Jermaine Marshall got 11 points and seven rebounds for the Nittany Lions. The Hoosiers are on a five-game win streak. Indiana (14-1, 2-0 Big Ten) welcomes eighth-ranked Minnesota (14-1, 2-0 Big Ten) on Saturday, January 12th.
Indiana Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:50 left to go.
- Indiana started 14-1 during the 2011, 2007, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Penn State extended the Indiana winning streak to 5 games.
- IU beat the spread by 6.5 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Hoosiers have beaten the spread.
- This was the 11th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, IU has been on the winning end of 35 blowout games.
- IU set season lows for field goals made and rebounds.
- The Hoosiers have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 10 games.
- The top two scorers (Christian Watford and Cody Zeller) accounted for 41.8% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Christian Watford and Victor Oladipo) accounted for 42.4% of the rebounds.
- Christian Watford has led the team in scoring 3 times and in rebounding 6 times in 15 games this season.
- Cody Zeller has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Victor Oladipo has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- Christian Watford has 8 straight double-digit point games.
Penn State Game Notes
- Penn State lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 3rd blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, PSU has been on the losing end of 17 blowout games.
- The top two scorers (Ross Travis and Jermaine Marshall) accounted for 49.0% of the points.
- Ross Travis set a career high with 6 field goals made.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Jonathan Graham.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Brandon Taylor.