(14-1, 4-0 away)
Penn State 51
(8-6, 7-4 home)
Venue: Bryce Jordan Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 07, 2013
||C Zeller 16
||C Zeller 7
||K Ferrell 5
||T Frazier 16
||R Travis 7
||D (DJ) Newbill 3
On a night when they were outshot 52%-32% by the Hoosiers, Penn State was trounced by No. 5 Indiana 74-51 in conference play. By halftime, Penn State was already out of it, with the score 44-27. The team struggled in the second half as well and Indiana maintained the big win. With the loss, the Nittany Lions stay winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-2 for the season. Jermaine Marshall put up 11 points and seven rebounds in the loss. Ross Travis had 14 points and added five rebounds. For the Hoosiers, Cody Zeller finished with 15 points and five rebounds. The next game will be on Thursday, January 10th when Penn State (8-6, 0-2 Big Ten) welcomes Northwestern (9-6, 0-2 Big Ten).
Penn State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:50 left to go.
- Penn State started 8-6 during the 2011, 2010, 2009, 2003, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- Prior to this game, PSU played 45 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 11-34.
- When the opposition records 22 or more free throws made this season, Penn State has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 50.0% or better this season, Penn State has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 14 or more assists this season, Penn State has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- The Nittany Lions set a season high for turnovers.
- The last time PSU recorded at least 19 turnovers was Dec 10, 2011 against Duquesne.
- PSU set season lows for field goal percentage and total points.
- The Nittany Lions have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 8 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--PSU has a 3.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Ross Travis and Jermaine Marshall) accounted for 49.0% of the points.
- Ross Travis had a career high with 6 field goals made.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Jonathan Graham.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Brandon Taylor.
Indiana Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Christian Watford and Cody Zeller) accounted for 41.8% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Christian Watford and Victor Oladipo) accounted for 42.4% of the rebounds.
- Christian Watford has led the team in scoring 3 times and in rebounding 6 times in 15 games this season.
- Cody Zeller has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Victor Oladipo has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- Christian Watford has 8 straight double-digit point games.