(2) Michigan 95
(15-0, 13-0 home)
Venue: Crisler Arena
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, January 06, 2013
||R Devyn Marble 15
||A White 6
||A Clemmons 4
||T Burke 18
||M McGary 6
||T Burke 7
No. 2 Michigan squared off with Iowa on Sunday, January 6th and won big against the Hawkeyes 95-67 in conference action. Trey Burke secured a double-double in the win with 19 points and 12 assists. Glenn Robinson III got a double-double as well with a game-high 20 points and 10 rebounds. For the Hawkeyes, Anthony Clemmons got 12 points and seven assists. Next up for Michigan (15-0, 2-0 Big Ten) is Nebraska (9-5, 0-1 Big Ten) on Wednesday, January 9th at home.
Michigan Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 6:31 left to go.
- The win over Iowa extended the Michigan winning streak to 15 games.
- Michigan beat the spread by 14.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Wolverines have beaten the spread.
- This was the 8th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Michigan has been on the winning end of 28 blowout games.
- The Wolverines have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 8 games.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--Michigan has a 26.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Trey Burke recorded a team season high in assists with 12.
- The top two scorers (Glenn Robinson III and Trey Burke) accounted for 41.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Mitch McGary and Glenn Robinson III) accounted for 51.2% of the rebounds.
- Mitch McGary has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 15 games this season.
- This game was the 3rd double-digit assist game of Trey Burke's career.
- Trey Burke has 15 straight double-digit point games.
- Trey Burke recorded a double-double. It was the 3rd of his career.
- Trey Burke had a career high with 12 assists.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Glenn Robinson III's career.
- Glenn Robinson III has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Glenn Robinson III recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Nik Stauskas has 14 straight double-digit point games.
- Mitch McGary recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
Iowa Game Notes
- Iowa lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two rebounders (Adam Woodbury and Mike Gesell) accounted for 46.1% of the rebounds.
- Roy Devyn Marble has led the team in scoring 5 times in 15 games this season.
- Adam Woodbury has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 15 games this season.
- Roy Devyn Marble has 5 straight double-digit point games.
|A+||G. Robinson III||32||20||10||3||1||0||1|
|A||Tim Hardaway Jr||30||19||5||5||0||0||1|