On Saturday, January 5th, Arkansas scored 30 points from three-point territory and easily beat Delaware State 86-51. It was all Arkansas from the beginning and they led 43-18 at the half. The Razorbacks were led by B.J. Young, who got a game-high 19 points plus three assists. Anthlon Bell also had a strong showing, scoring 12 points. For the Hornets, Miles Bowman got eight points and eight rebounds. The Razorbacks are on a five-game win streak. Arkansas (9-4, 0-0 SEC) gets Texas A&M (9-3, 0-0 SEC) on the road on Wednesday, January 9th.
Arkansas Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 11:44 left to go.
- Arkansas started 9-4 during the 2001, 2000, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Delaware State extended the Arkansas winning streak to 5 games.
- This was the 5th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Arkansas has been on the winning end of 31 blowout games.
- The Razorbacks have won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after recording 86 or more total points.
- Arkansas has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- Arkansas has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 38.3% field goal percentage.
- Arkansas has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 5 or fewer three-pointers.
- This season Arkansas has won 75% of the time (9-3) when Marshawn Powell has 4 field goals made or more.
- The Razorbacks set season highs for field goal percentage and three-pointers.
- The last time Arkansas had a field goal percentage of 58.2% or higher was Nov 30, 2011 against Mississippi Valley State.
- The Razorbacks have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--Arkansas has a 19.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two rebounders (Hunter Mickelson and Michael Qualls) accounted for 41.9% of the rebounds.
- B.J. Young has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 13 games this season.
- Hunter Mickelson has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 13 games this season.
- B.J. Young has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- B.J. Young had career highs with a 89% field goal percentage and a 100% three-point percentage.
Delaware State Game Notes
- This was the 5th blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, DelSt has been on the losing end of 24 blowout games.
- The top two scorers (Casey Walker and Tahj Tate) accounted for 45.0% of the points.
- Miles Bowman accounted for 30.7% of the team's rebounds.
- Casey Walker has led the team in scoring 3 times in 15 games this season.
- Miles Bowman has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 15 games this season.