|NC State||C Leslie 15||R Howell 9||L Brown 6|
|Boston College||R Anderson 16||R Anderson 9||J Rahon 4|
Boston College lost in front of the home crowd against No. 23 NC State 78-73 in conference play on Saturday, January 5th. The Eagles are still looking for their first win over an AP-Ranked team this season (0-2). Ryan Anderson picked up a double-double in a losing effort including a game-high 22 points and 13 rebounds. Joe Rahon had 18 points and added four rebounds. Lorenzo Brown finished with 14 points and eight assists for the Wolfpack. Boston College (8-6, 0-1 ACC) heads to Virginia Tech (9-5, 0-1 ACC) on Wednesday, January 9th.
Boston College Game Notes
- Boston College started 8-6 during the 2002 and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- BC beat the spread by 3.0 points. That makes the 5th time this season the Eagles have beaten the spread.
- The Eagles have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Boston College has lost 23 close games.
- Prior to this game, BC played 24 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 5-19.
- Boston College has lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after recording 31 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition records 78 or more total points this season, Boston College has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 48.0% or better this season, Boston College has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 14 or more assists this season, Boston College has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- BC set a season low for turnovers.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--BC has a 3.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Ryan Anderson accounted for 30.1% of the team's points.
- Ryan Anderson accounted for 41.9% of the team's rebounds.
- Ryan Anderson has led the team in scoring 6 times and in rebounding 11 times in 14 games this season.
- This marks the 9th 20-point game of Ryan Anderson's career.
- Ryan Anderson has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Ryan Anderson recorded a double-double. It was his 4th this season and 11th of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Lonnie Jackson.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Patrick Heckmann.
- Olivier Hanlan has 6 straight double-digit point games.
NC State Game Notes
- NC State won, but did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Rodney Purvis and Lorenzo Brown) accounted for 42.3% of the points.
- Richard Howell accounted for 34.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Rodney Purvis has led the team in scoring 3 times in 14 games this season.
- Richard Howell has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 14 games this season.
- Lorenzo Brown has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- C.J. Leslie has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Richard Howell recorded the 31st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Richard Howell has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Richard Howell recorded a double-double. It was his 8th this season and 21st of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Rodney Purvis.
- Scott Wood has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- T.J. Warren has 4 straight double-digit point games.