(13-3, 6-3 away)
(12) Missouri 66
(11-2, 8-1 home)
Venue: Mizzou Arena
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, January 05, 2013
||M Muscala 19
||M Muscala 10
||M Muscala 2
||L Bowers 16
||A Oriakhi 8
||P Pressey 7
No. 12 Missouri squared off with Bucknell on Saturday, January 5th and just barely beat the Bison 66-64. The Tigers got the win with a career-high 26 points and five assists from Phil Pressey. Laurence Bowers also had a good game, scoring 16 points and adding eight rebounds. Mike Muscala got a double-double for the Bison on a team-high 25 points and 14 rebounds. Missouri (10-2, 0-0 SEC) takes on Alabama (7-5, 0-0 SEC) on Tuesday, January 8th at home.
Missouri Game Notes
- Missouri started 11-2 during the 2008, 2006, and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- The Tigers have won 2 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Missouri has won 21 close games.
- Missouri has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) when its had a three-point percentage of 38.5% or better.
- Mizzou has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 5 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Missouri has won 88% of the time (7-1) when Laurence Bowers has 16 points or more, 80% of the time (4-1) when Phil Pressey plays 39 minutes or more, and 86% of the time (6-1) when Alex Oriakhi has 4 field goals made or more.
- Mizzou set a season low for assists.
- This is the 2nd win of the season where the Tigers came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--Mizzou has a 23.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Phil Pressey accounted for 39.3% of the team's points.
- Phil Pressey has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 13 games this season.
- Laurence Bowers has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 13 games this season.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Phil Pressey's career.
- Phil Pressey has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Phil Pressey had career highs with 26 points and 10 field goals made.
- Laurence Bowers has 8 straight double-digit point games.
Bucknell Game Notes
- The Bison have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Bucknell has lost 29 close games.
- Mike Muscala accounted for 39.0% of the team's points.
- Mike Muscala accounted for 35.8% of the team's rebounds.
- Mike Muscala has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding 14 times in 16 games this season.
- Bryson Johnson has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Cameron Ayers has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 31st 20-point game of Mike Muscala's career.
- Mike Muscala has 16 straight double-digit point games.
- Mike Muscala recorded a double-double. It was his 10th this season and 34th of his career.