(10-2, 0-1 away)
(11-3, 9-1 home)
Venue: BMO Harris Bradley Center
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, January 05, 2013
||O Porter 13
||O Porter 7
||N Lubick 3
||V Blue 13
||D Gardner 5
||J Cadougan 4
In a defensive struggle, No. 15 Georgetown was upset by Marquette 49-48 in conference play. The Hoyas got a game-high 18 points and seven assists from Markel Starks. Greg Whittington had 13 points and added eight rebounds. Davante Gardner got 12 points and seven rebounds for the Golden Eagles. The next game will be on Tuesday, January 8th when Georgetown (10-2, 0-1 Big East) hosts 24th-ranked Pittsburgh (12-3, 0-2 Big East).
Georgetown Game Notes
- Georgetown started 10-2 during the 2008, 2005, and 2003 seasons (since 1996).
- GTOWN beat the spread by 2.0 points. That makes the 3rd time this season the Hoyas have beaten the spread.
- The Hoyas have been unlucky 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Georgetown has lost 22 close games.
- GTOWN set a season low for rebounds.
- The Hoyas have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- Markel Starks accounted for 37.5% of the team's points.
- Greg Whittington accounted for 30.7% of the team's rebounds.
- Markel Starks has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 12 games this season.
- Greg Whittington has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 12 games this season.
- Greg Whittington has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Otto Porter has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Markel Starks had a career high with 7 assists.
Marquette Game Notes
- Marquette won, but did not cover the spread.
- The Golden Eagles won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Marquette has lost 27 close games.
- Trent Lockett recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 9.
- Vander Blue tallied a team season high in three pointers attempted with 7.
- The top two scorers (Vander Blue and Davante Gardner) accounted for 48.9% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Trent Lockett and Davante Gardner) accounted for 48.5% of the rebounds.
- Vander Blue has led the team in scoring 6 times in 14 games this season.
- Trent Lockett has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 14 games this season.
- Vander Blue has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Trent Lockett recorded the 7th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Davante Gardner has 4 straight double-digit point games.