Savannah State 59
(5-9, 1-7 away)
Saint Louis 67
(11-3, 11-1 home)
Venue: Chaifetz Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 04, 2013
||R Hassan 11
||A Louis 6
||P Blackman 3
||M McCall Jr 12
||D Evans 6
||K Mitchell 4
On Friday, January 4th, Saint Louis outscored Savannah State 24-3 from behind the three-point line and beat the Tigers 67-59. The Billikens were led by Mike McCall Jr, who put up a season-high 17 points on 71% shooting in 39 minutes. Kwamain Mitchell had 13 points. Rashad Hassan finished with 10 points and four rebounds for the Tigers. Next up for Saint Louis (11-3, 0-0 A-10) is Massachusetts (9-3, 0-0 A-10) on Thursday, January 10th at home.
Saint Louis Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:09 left to go.
- The win over Savannah State extended the Saint Louis winning streak to 8 games.
- The Billikens have won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after recording 67 or more total points.
- SLU has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when opponents record 9 or fewer assists.
- This season Saint Louis has won 100% of the time (5-0) when Mike McCall Jr has 5 field goals made or more.
- The Billikens set a season high for free throws made.
- The last time SLU recorded at least 25 free throws made was Feb 01, 2012 against St. Bonaventure.
- SLU set season lows for field goals made and rebounds.
- The Billikens have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 9 games.
- Saint Louis has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--SLU has a 13.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Mike McCall Jr and Cody Ellis) accounted for 47.7% of the points.
- Cory Remekun accounted for 35.0% of the team's rebounds.
- Mike McCall Jr has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 14 games this season.
- Cory Remekun has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 14 games this season.
- Mike McCall Jr has 6 straight double-digit point games.
Savannah State Game Notes
- This loss extended the Tigers losing streak to 6 games.
- The top two scorers (Preston Blackman and Cedric Smith) accounted for 40.6% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jyles Smith and Cedric Smith) accounted for 41.6% of the rebounds.
- Preston Blackman has led the team in scoring 4 times in 14 games this season.
- Jyles Smith has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 14 games this season.
- Arnold Louis set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
|B||Mike McCall Jr||39||17||1||1||2||0||3|