Penn State 51
(8-5, 1-2 away)
(10-4, 9-2 home)
Venue: Kohl Center
8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT, January 03, 2013
||T Frazier 16
||R Travis 7
||D (DJ) Newbill 4
||J Berggren 13
||R Evans 7
||B Brust 4
Penn State was taken down by Wisconsin 60-51 in conference play in a game where they had 15 turnovers. Jermaine Marshall put up a game-high 19 points plus three rebounds in the loss. Devonte (DJ) Newbill had 12 points and added eight rebounds. For the Badgers, Mike Bruesewitz got 12 points and eight rebounds. Next up for Penn State (8-5, 0-1 Big Ten) is fifth-ranked Indiana (13-1, 1-0 Big Ten) on Monday, January 7th at home.
Penn State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:29 left to go.
- Penn State started 8-5 during the 2011, 2010, 2009, 2003, 1999, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- PSU beat the spread by 9.0 points. That makes the 4th time this season the Nittany Lions have beaten the spread.
- Penn State has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 7 or fewer assists.
- PSU set season lows for free throws made, three-pointers, and total points.
- The Nittany Lions have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- Penn State has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 6 games.
- Jermaine Marshall recorded a team season high in field goals made with 9.
- Jermaine Marshall accounted for 37.2% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Ross Travis and Devonte (DJ) Newbill) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Jermaine Marshall has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 13 games this season.
- Ross Travis has led the team in rebounding in 9 out of 13 games this season.
- Devonte (DJ) Newbill has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Devonte (DJ) Newbill.
- Ross Travis recorded the 4th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Sasa Borovnjak.
Wisconsin Game Notes
- Wisconsin won, but did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Ben Brust and Jared Berggren) accounted for 43.3% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Ryan Evans and Mike Bruesewitz) accounted for 53.1% of the rebounds.
- Ben Brust has led the team in scoring 6 times in 14 games this season.
- Ryan Evans has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 14 games this season.
- Ryan Evans has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Jared Berggren has 4 straight double-digit point games.