Loyola Marymount 51
(7-7, 3-5 away)
Brigham Young 92
(11-4, 10-0 home)
Venue: Marriott Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 03, 2013
||A Ireland 20
||A Hamilton 7
||C Flint 4
||T Haws 20
||B Davies 8
||M Carlino 4
On Thursday, January 3rd, Loyola Marymount was outrebounded 55-28 by Brigham Young and was destroyed by the Cougars 92-51 in conference play. It was over at the half, as Brigham Young jumped out to a 35-20 lead and never looked back. Ashley Hamilton put up a team-high 16 points and four rebounds in a losing effort. Ayodeji Egbeyemi had five points and added six rebounds (3 Ast 3 Blk). For the Cougars, Matt Carlino finished with a season-high 21 points and five rebounds (5 Ast 4 Stl). Loyola Marymount (6-7, 0-1 West Coast) gets Saint Mary's (11-3, 0-0 West Coast) on the road on Saturday, January 5th.
Loyola Marymount Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 10:30 left to go.
- Loyola Marymount started 7-7 during the 2010, 2009, and 2001 seasons (since 1996).
- Loyola Marymount has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 20 or fewer field goals made.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 43.5% or better this season, Loyola Marymount has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.0% or better this season, Loyola Marymount has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- LMU set season lows for field goal percentage, free throws made, and rebounds.
- The Lions have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 6 games.
- Ashley Hamilton accounted for 31.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Chase Flint and Ayodeji Egbeyemi) accounted for 46.4% of the rebounds.
- Ashley Hamilton has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 14 games this season.
- Chase Flint has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 14 games this season.
- Ashley Hamilton has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Ashley Hamilton had a career high with 3 three-pointers.
- Godwin Okonji had a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
Brigham Young Game Notes
- Josh Sharp recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with 8.
- The top two scorers (Matt Carlino and Tyler Haws) accounted for 44.5% of the points.
- Josh Sharp has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 15 games this season.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of Matt Carlino's career.
- Matt Carlino set a career high with 4 steals.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Tyler Haws's career.
- Tyler Haws has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Brandon Davies has 15 straight double-digit point games.
- Josh Sharp recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.