Wichita State 75
(13-1, 4-1 away)
Venue: Knapp Center
8:05PM ET / 5:05PM PT, January 02, 2013
||C Hall 13
||C Hall 7
||M Armstead 3
||B Simons 14
||J Clarke 8
||R Carter 4
Drake lost on their home court to Wichita State 75-63 in conference play on Wednesday, January 2nd. The Bulldogs got a team-high 15 points and six rebounds from Joey King. Micah Mason had 14 points and added four rebounds. For the Shockers, Nick Wiggins got a season-high 18 points and two rebounds. Drake (6-7, 0-2 The Valley) welcomes Missouri State (3-11, 1-1 The Valley) on Saturday, January 5th.
Drake Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:38 left to go.
- Drake started 6-7 during the 2010, 2004, 2001, and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- The Bulldogs have lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after having a field goal percentage of 44.2% or worse.
- Drake has lost 100% of the time this season (0-6) after recording 7 or fewer three-pointers.
- When the opposition records 75 or more total points this season, Drake has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 28 or more field goals made this season, Drake has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 34 or more rebounds this season, Drake has lost 78% of the time (2-7).
- The Bulldogs set a season high for turnovers.
- The last time Drake recorded at least 19 turnovers was Feb 12, 2012 against Evansville.
- Drake set season lows for assists and free throws made.
- The Bulldogs have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 6 games.
- This is the 6th game at home this season--Drake has a 5.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Joey King and Micah Mason) accounted for 46.0% of the points.
Wichita State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Nick Wiggins and Malcolm Armstead) accounted for 42.6% of the points.
- Cleanthony Early has 4 straight double-digit point games.
|D+||Fred Van Vleet||14||3||0||1||2||0||4|
|D||Gary Ricks Jr.||15||0||1||1||0||0||1|