La Salle 59
(9-3, 4-2 away)
Venue: BankUnited Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 02, 2013
||R Galloway 17
||S Zack 6
||R Galloway 3
||D Scott 15
||R Johnson 10
||S Larkin 3
La Salle faced off with Miami (FL) on Wednesday, January 2nd and was punished by the Hurricanes 76-59. La Salle led 36-30 at the half, but was outplayed in the second half as Miami (FL) pulled away for good. Steve Zack put up eight points and eight rebounds for the Explorers. Ramon Galloway put up his fifth straight game with 21 points or more, scoring 12 points (8 Reb 4 Ast) in 38 minutes. Kenny Kadji registered a double-double for the Hurricanes with 14 points and 11 rebounds (4 Stl 3 Blk). La Salle (9-2, 0-0 A-10) gets Pennsylvania (2-9, 0-0 Ivy) at home on Saturday, January 5th.
La Salle Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 2:03 left to go.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 47.1% or better this season, La Salle has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition commits 10 or fewer turnovers this season, La Salle has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- La Salle set a season low for total points.
- The Explorers have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 1st loss of the season where the Explorers opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Tyrone Garland accounted for 33.8% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Steve Zack and Ramon Galloway) accounted for 48.4% of the rebounds.
- Steve Zack has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 12 games this season.
- Ramon Galloway has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Tyrone Garland's career.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Jerrell Wright.
Miami (FL) Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Shane Larkin and Durand Scott) accounted for 47.3% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Kenny Kadji and Julian Gamble) accounted for 47.5% of the rebounds.
- Shane Larkin has led the team in scoring 4 times in 12 games this season.
- Kenny Kadji has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 12 games this season.
- Durand Scott has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- Kenny Kadji recorded the 8th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Kenny Kadji has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Kenny Kadji recorded a double-double. It was his 3rd this season and 7th of his career.
- Kenny Kadji set a career high with 4 steals.