Florida State 72
(8-5, 2-1 away)
(6-7, 6-5 home)
Venue: Auburn Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 02, 2013
||M Snaer 16
||T Shannon 6
||D Bookert 2
||F Sullivan 17
||R Chubb 7
||F Sullivan 3
On an evening when they had only nine turnovers, Auburn defeated Florida State 78-72. Allen Payne played well for the Tigers and put up a career-high 17 points plus seven rebounds. Frankie Sullivan put up his third straight game with 21 points or more, scoring a game-high 24 points in 30 minutes. Frankie Sullivan also had a strong game, scoring a game-high 24 points and adding four rebounds. Michael Snaer registered a double-double for the Seminoles with a team-high 18 points and 12 rebounds. Auburn (6-7, 0-0 SEC) takes on LSU (8-2, 0-0 SEC) on Wednesday, January 9th at home.
Auburn Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:26 left to go.
- The last time Auburn started the season 6-7 was 2010.
- Auburn beat the spread by 10.0 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Tigers have beaten the spread.
- The Tigers have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 11 or more steals.
- Auburn has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) when opponents record 5 or fewer steals.
- Auburn set season lows for blocks and turnovers.
- The Tigers have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- This is the 3rd win of the season where the Tigers came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--Auburn has a 10.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Josh Wallace recorded a team season high in steals with 5.
- Allen Payne tallied a team season high in free throws attempted with 13.
- Frankie Sullivan accounted for 30.7% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Rob Chubb and Asauhn Dixon-Tatum) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Frankie Sullivan has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 13 games this season.
- Rob Chubb has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 13 games this season.
- Josh Wallace had a career high with 5 steals.
- Allen Payne had a career high with 17 points.
- This marks the 18th 20-point game of Frankie Sullivan's career.
- Frankie Sullivan has 3 straight 20+ point games.
- Rob Chubb recorded the 6th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Rob Chubb had a career high with 5 offensive rebounds.
Florida State Game Notes
- Florida State lost and did not cover the spread.
- Michael Snaer recorded a team season high in rebounds with 12.
- The top two scorers (Michael Snaer and Terry Whisnant II) accounted for 47.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Michael Snaer and Okaro White) accounted for 47.5% of the rebounds.
- Michael Snaer has led the team in scoring 7 times in 13 games this season.
- Michael Snaer recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Michael Snaer has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Michael Snaer recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 3rd of his career.
- Michael Snaer set a career high with 12 rebounds.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Okaro White.
|A||T. Whisnant II||22||16||4||0||2||0||0|
|C||Brian Greene Jr||13||2||1||0||2||0||0|