Coastal Georgia 55
(0-1, 0-1 away)
USC Upstate 85
(5-7, 3-0 home)
Venue: G.B. Hodge Center
3:00PM ET / 12:00PM PT, December 30, 2012
||T Craig 18
||R Glenn 8
||T Greene 2
On Sunday, December 30th, USC Upstate outrebounded Coastal Georgia 47-24 and easily beat the Mariners 85-55. Everything went right for USC Upstate in this one, as they led 52-22 at the half and didn't let up in the second half. Ricardo Glenn earned a double-double for the Spartans including 15 points and 12 rebounds. Jodd Maxey also had an excellent outing, scoring 13 points and adding eight rebounds (5 Ast 3 Blk). Kentorey Johnson recorded a double-double for the Mariners on a team-high 15 points and 10 rebounds. USC Upstate (5-7, 0-0 Atlantic Sun) gets Hampton (2-9, 0-0 MEAC) at home on Wednesday, January 2nd.
USC Upstate Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 9:00 left to go.
- This was the 3rd blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, USC Upstate has been on the winning end of 12 blowout games.
- USC Upstate has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- This season USC Upstate has won 100% of the time (4-0) when Ty Greene has 5 field goals made or more.
- The Spartans set season highs for blocks and rebounds.
- The last time USC Upstate recorded at least 7 blocks was Mar 01, 2012 against Florida Gulf Coast.
- The top two rebounders (Ricardo Glenn and Jodd Maxey) accounted for 42.5% of the rebounds.
- Torrey Craig has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 12 games this season.
- Ricardo Glenn has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 12 games this season.
- Torrey Craig has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- Jodd Maxey had a career high with 5 assists.
- Ricardo Glenn recorded the 12th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ricardo Glenn has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Ricardo Glenn recorded a double-double. It was his 3rd this season and 7th of his career.
Coastal Georgia Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Kentorey Johnson and P.J. Reason) accounted for 50.9% of the points.
- Kentorey Johnson accounted for 41.6% of the team's rebounds.
- Kentorey Johnson recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
|Coastal Ge Players||Mins||Pts||Reb||Ast||Stl||Blk||TO|