Morehead State 114
(6-8, 5-2 home)
Venue: Ellis T. Johnson Arena
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, December 30, 2012
||M Chavis 12
||K Owens 5
||D Atkinson 4
Morehead State smoked Union 114-67 on an afternoon when they won the turnover battle 33-17. This one was all Morehead State from the opening tip, as they jumped out to a 55-32 halftime lead and then cruised to victory in the second half. The Eagles were led by Bruce Reed, who put up a season-high 12 points plus six rebounds. Jason Holmes had a season-high 12 points and added seven rebounds. For the Bulldogs, Deante Johnson got 14 points and nine rebounds. Morehead State (6-8, 0-0 OVC) welcomes SIU Edwardsville (4-6, 0-0 OVC) on Thursday, January 3rd.
Morehead State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 11:42 left to go.
- Morehead State started 6-8 during the 2011, 2008, and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- This was the 2nd blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, MSU has been on the winning end of 22 blowout games.
- The Eagles have won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after recording 9 or more three-pointers.
- This season Morehead State has won 86% of the time (6-1) when Milton Chavis has 15 points or more.
- The Eagles set season highs for assists, blocks, field goals made, free throws made, steals, and total points.
- Our 28 assists is the 3rd best among all NCAA games this season.
- Our 10 blocks is the 3rd best among all NCAA games this season.
- Our 23 steals is the 2nd best among all NCAA games this season.
- The last time MSU recorded at least 114 total points was Nov 18, 2005 against Kentucky Christian.
- This is the 7th game at home this season--MSU has a 11.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Milton Chavis has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 14 games this season.
Union Game Notes
- This was the 3rd blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Union has been on the losing end of 6 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Bulldogs losing streak to 3 games.
- Tyler Wagner accounted for 35.8% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Deante Johnson and Tarik Smith) accounted for 42.4% of the rebounds.