South Dakota 95
(6-8, 2-6 away)
(2-12, 1-3 home)
Venue: Ralston Arena
1:00PM ET / 10:00AM PT, December 29, 2012
||J Myles 15
||T Gruis 6
||J Myles 3
||J Simmons 11
||A Welhouse 4
||C Carter 2
On an afternoon when they scored 33 points from beyond the three-point line, South Dakota blew out Nebraska-Omaha 95-72 in conference action. The Coyotes got a double-double out of Brandon Bos with a career-high 23 points and 10 rebounds. Eric Robertson also had an outstanding outing, scoring a season-high 15 points. John Karhoff finished with a team-high 18 points and seven rebounds for the Mavericks. South Dakota (6-8, 1-0 Summit League) gets 25th-ranked Kansas State (10-2, 0-0 Big 12) on the road on Monday, December 31st.
South Dakota Game Notes
- The last time USD started the season 6-8 was 2009.
- This was the 3rd blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, USD has been on the winning end of 16 blowout games.
- The Coyotes have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 17 or more assists.
- USD has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) when opponents record 1 or fewer blocks.
- The Coyotes set season highs for field goals made, field goal percentage, three-pointers, three-point percentage, and total points.
- The last time USD had a field goal percentage of 57.6% or higher was Dec 13, 2010 against Tabor College.
- Brandon Bos recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 9.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Brandon Bos's career.
- Brandon Bos recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
Nebraska-Omaha Game Notes
- This was the 7th blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, NEOMAH has been on the losing end of 13 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Mavericks losing streak to 7 games.
- John Karhoff recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with 5.
- Justin Simmons tallied a team season high in field goals attempted with 17.
- The top two scorers (John Karhoff and Justin Simmons) accounted for 43.0% of the points.
- John Karhoff has led the team in scoring 4 times in 14 games this season.
- John Karhoff set career highs with 9 field goals made and 5 offensive rebounds.