North Texas 64
(5-8, 1-4 away)
Western Kentucky 70
(10-5, 7-1 home)
Venue: E.A. Diddle Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, December 29, 2012
||T Mitchell 13
||T Mitchell 8
||C Jones 5
||T Price 15
||G Fant 6
||J Crook 4
Western Kentucky squared off with North Texas on Saturday, December 29th and knocked off the Mean Green 70-64 in conference play. Brandon Harris had a big game for the Hilltoppers and put up nine points plus nine rebounds. George Fant also contributed, scoring 14 points and adding seven rebounds. Chris Jones finished with 10 points and four assists (5 Stl 3 Reb) for the Mean Green. Western Kentucky (10-5, 2-0 Sun Belt) takes on Arkansas-Little Rock (8-6, 0-1 Sun Belt) on Thursday, January 3rd on the road.
Western Kentucky Game Notes
- Western Kentucky started 10-5 during the 2009, 2007, and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- WKU beat the spread by 2.0 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Hilltoppers have beaten the spread.
- The Hilltoppers have won 89% of the time this season (8-1) after recording 70 or more total points.
- WKU has won 100% of the time this season (8-0) when opponents record 11 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Western Kentucky has won 83% of the time (5-1) when T.J. Price has 16 points or more, 71% of the time (5-2) when George Fant has 5 field goals made or more, and 80% of the time (4-1) when Teeng Akol has 6 rebounds or more.
- The Hilltoppers set season highs for three-pointers and three-point percentage.
- The last time WKU had a three-point percentage of 47.4% or higher was Mar 05, 2012 against Denver.
- This is the 7th game at home this season--WKU has a 14.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Teeng Akol recorded a team season high in blocks with 5.
- The top two scorers (T.J. Price and George Fant) accounted for 42.8% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Brandon Harris and George Fant) accounted for 43.2% of the rebounds.
- T.J. Price has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 15 games this season.
- Brandon Harris has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 15 games this season.
- T.J. Price had a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
- Teeng Akol had a career high with 3 three-pointers.
- George Fant has 3 straight double-digit point games.
North Texas Game Notes
- North Texas lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Jordan Williams and Chris Jones) accounted for 43.7% of the points.
- Tony Mitchell accounted for 30.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Tony Mitchell has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 13 games this season.
- Tony Mitchell recorded the 17th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Roger Franklin.