(8-3, 3-0 away)
Northern Illinois 59
(2-10, 2-3 home)
Venue: Convocation Center (IL)
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, December 29, 2012
||C Williams 16
||C Lalanne 5
||C Williams 7
||A Nader 15
||A Nader 4
||D Balls 2
On Saturday, December 29th, Massachusetts took on Northern Illinois and got a win on the road against the Huskies 64-59. The Minutemen were led by Terrell Vinson, who put up 10 points plus nine rebounds. Maxie Esho scored 14 points and added five rebounds. For the Huskies, Darrell Bowie finished with a season-high eight points and five rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl). Massachusetts (8-3, 0-0 A-10) heads to Miami (OH) (4-6, 0-0 MAC) on Wednesday, January 2nd.
Massachusetts Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:02 left to go.
- The last time UMASS started the season 8-3 was 2011.
- The win over Northern Illinois extended the Massachusetts winning streak to 5 games.
- The Minutemen have won 5 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Massachusetts has won 30 close games.
- Massachusetts has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when its field goal percentage has been 46.7% or better.
- The Minutemen have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 16 or more assists.
- UMASS has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 5 or fewer three-pointers.
- UMASS has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 27.8% three-point percentage.
- This season Massachusetts has won 78% of the time (7-2) when Chaz Williams has 12 points or more, 80% of the time (4-1) when Terrell Vinson has 5 free throws made or more, and 100% of the time (4-0) when Sampson Carter has 6 rebounds or more.
- UMASS set a season low for rebounds.
- The Minutemen have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- The top two scorers (Maxie Esho and Chaz Williams) accounted for 40.6% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Terrell Vinson and Sampson Carter) accounted for 46.8% of the rebounds.
- Terrell Vinson has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 11 games this season.
Northern Illinois Game Notes
- The Huskies have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Northern Illinois has lost 26 close games.
- This loss extended the Huskies losing streak to 5 games.
- Kevin Gray recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with 6.
- Abdel Nader tallied a team season high in defensive rebounds with 8.
- The top two scorers (Abdel Nader and Aksel Bolin) accounted for 44.0% of the points.
- Abdel Nader has led the team in scoring 3 times in 12 games this season.
- Kevin Gray set a career high with 6 offensive rebounds.
- Abdel Nader set a career high with 8 defensive rebounds.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Daveon Balls.