(3-10, 0-8 away)
Southeast MO State 65
(9-6, 5-1 home)
Venue: Show Me Center
1:00PM ET / 10:00AM PT, December 29, 2012
|Southeast MO State
||M Taylor 16
||J Washington 7
||J Childs 2
|Southeast MO State
||T Stone 17
||N Johnson 10
||L Nutt 4
Tennessee-Martin faced off with Southeast Missouri State on Saturday, December 29th and was edged by the Redhawks 65-60 in conference play. Jeremy Washington got 14 points and 10 rebounds for the Skyhawks, earning a double-double. Myles Taylor had a team-high 14 points and added five rebounds. For the Redhawks, Tyler Stone got a game-high 23 points and nine rebounds. The Skyhawks are on a five-game losing streak. The next game will be on Monday, December 31st when Tennessee-Martin (3-10, 0-1 OVC) hosts Jacksonville State (8-3, 0-0 OVC).
Tennessee-Martin Game Notes
- Tennessee-Martin started 3-10 during the 2011, 2006, 2004, and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- UTM beat the spread by 7.0 points. That makes the 4th time this season the Skyhawks have beaten the spread.
- The Skyhawks have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Tennessee-Martin has lost 21 close games.
- Tennessee-Martin has lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after recording 60 or fewer total points.
- The Skyhawks have lost 100% of the time this season (0-7) after having a field goal percentage of 35.4% or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 41.5% or better this season, Tennessee-Martin has lost 100% of the time (0-9).
- When the opposition records 40 or more rebounds this season, Tennessee-Martin has lost 100% of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records 18 or more free throws made this season, Tennessee-Martin has lost 75% of the time (2-6).
- UTM set season lows for steals, three-pointers, three-point percentage, and turnovers.
- Tennessee-Martin has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 1st loss of the season where the Skyhawks opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Myles Taylor and Jeremy Washington) accounted for 46.6% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jeremy Washington and Tobias Dowdell) accounted for 43.4% of the rebounds.
- Myles Taylor has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 13 games this season.
- Jeremy Washington has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 13 games this season.
- Jeremy Washington recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jeremy Washington recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Jeremy Washington had a career high with 6 field goals made.
- Myles Taylor has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 5th foul out of the season for Myles Taylor.
- Tobias Dowdell recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
Southeast Missouri State Game Notes
- Southeast Missouri State won, but did not cover the spread.
- The Redhawks won this one, but have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Southeast Missouri State has lost 27 close games.
- Tyler Stone accounted for 35.3% of the team's points.
- Nino Johnson accounted for 35.0% of the team's rebounds.
- Tyler Stone has led the team in scoring 6 times in 15 games this season.
- Nino Johnson has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 15 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Tyler Stone's career.
- Tyler Stone has 14 straight double-digit point games.
- Nino Johnson recorded the 7th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Nino Johnson recorded a double-double. It was the 6th of his career.