New Mexico 55
(13-1, 4-0 away)
(8) Cincinnati 54
(12-1, 10-1 home)
Venue: Fifth Third Arena
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, December 27, 2012
||K Williams 14
||A Kirk 7
||K Williams 4
||S Kilpatrick 18
||S Kilpatrick 6
||C Wright 3
On Thursday, December 27th, No. 8 Cincinnati took on New Mexico and was upset by the Lobos 55-54. Cheikh Mbodj put up four points plus 10 rebounds in a losing effort. Sean Kilpatrick had a team-high 15 points and added four rebounds. For the Lobos, Alex Kirk got 15 points and seven rebounds. Cincinnati (12-1, 0-0 Big East) takes on 24th-ranked Pittsburgh (12-1, 0-0 Big East) on Monday, December 31st on the road.
Cincinnati Game Notes
- Cincinnati started 12-1 during the 2004, 2001, and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- Cincinnati set season lows for field goals made, field goal percentage, free throws made, and total points.
- The Bearcats have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- Cincinnati has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 1st loss of the season where the Bearcats opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--Cincinnati has a 23.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Cheikh Mbodj recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with 6.
- Sean Kilpatrick tallied a team season high in three pointers attempted with 13.
- The top two scorers (Sean Kilpatrick and JaQuon Parker) accounted for 53.7% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Cheikh Mbodj and Justin Jackson) accounted for 45.0% of the rebounds.
- Sean Kilpatrick has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 13 games this season.
- JaQuon Parker has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Sean Kilpatrick has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- Cheikh Mbodj recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
New Mexico Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Kendall Williams and Alex Kirk) accounted for 56.3% of the points.
- Kendall Williams has led the team in scoring 7 times in 14 games this season.
- Alex Kirk has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 14 games this season.
- Kendall Williams has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Hugh Greenwood set a career high with 8 assists.
- Tony Snell has 4 straight double-digit point games.