(6-6, 2-6 away)
(7-4, 4-3 home)
Venue: Cintas Center
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, December 22, 2012
||K Cochran 17
||L Skinner 6
||I Faithfull 3
||S Christon 14
||T Taylor 7
||S Christon 5
Despite being favored to win by 10, Xavier let one slip to Wofford 56-55. Xavier led 34-22 at the half, but Wofford was able to come back in the second half and secure the victory. Travis Taylor earned a double-double in a losing effort with a team-high 20 points and 11 rebounds. Semaj Christon had 10 points and added eight assists (3 Reb 3 Stl). Karl Cochran got a game-high 20 points and five rebounds for the Terriers. Xavier (7-4, 0-0 A-10) takes on Tennessee (7-3, 0-0 SEC) on Saturday, December 29th on the road.
Xavier Game Notes
- Xavier started 7-4 during the 2009, 2003, and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- The Musketeers have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Xavier has lost 23 close games.
- The Musketeers have lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after having a three-point percentage of 27.3% or worse.
- The Musketeers have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 6 games.
- Xavier has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 6th game at home this season--XU has a 10.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Travis Taylor recorded a team season high in blocks with 3.
- Travis Taylor accounted for 36.3% of the team's points.
- Travis Taylor accounted for 34.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Travis Taylor has led the team in scoring 3 times and in rebounding 7 times in 11 games this season.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Travis Taylor's career.
- Travis Taylor recorded a double-double. It was his 3rd this season and 11th of his career.
Wofford Game Notes
- Karl Cochran accounted for 35.7% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Lee Skinner and Aerris Smith) accounted for 44.8% of the rebounds.
- Karl Cochran has led the team in scoring 7 times in 12 games this season.
- Lee Skinner has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 12 games this season.
- Lee Skinner set a career high with 7 defensive rebounds.
- This marks the 8th 20-point game of Karl Cochran's career.