American University 48
(4-8, 2-6 away)
(15) Georgetown 65
(10-1, 10-1 home)
Venue: Verizon Center
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, December 22, 2012
||S Lumpkins 15
||S Lumpkins 8
||D Munoz 3
||O Porter 13
||O Porter 7
||O Porter 3
No. 15 Georgetown held American University to only 29% from the floor and blew out the Eagles 65-48 on Saturday, December 22nd. This one was all Georgetown from the opening tip, as they jumped out to a 40-25 halftime lead and then cruised to victory in the second half. Otto Porter got a game-high 16 points and 13 rebounds for the Hoyas, earning a double-double. Mikael Hopkins also had a solid outing, scoring nine points and adding five assists. For the Eagles, Stephen Lumpkins finished with 10 points and four rebounds. The Hoyas are on a five-game win streak. Georgetown (10-1, 0-0 Big East) gets Marquette (7-3, 0-0 Big East) on the road on Saturday, January 5th.
Georgetown Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 2:20 left to go.
- Georgetown started 10-1 during the 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, and 2003 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over American University extended the Georgetown winning streak to 7 games.
- The Hoyas set a season high for rebounds.
- GTOWN set a season low for steals.
- The Hoyas have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- The top two scorers (Otto Porter and Greg Whittington) accounted for 44.6% of the points.
- Otto Porter accounted for 30.9% of the team's rebounds.
- Otto Porter has led the team in scoring 5 times and in rebounding 6 times in 11 games this season.
- Otto Porter recorded the 10th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Otto Porter has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Otto Porter recorded a double-double. It was his 3rd this season and 6th of his career.
- Otto Porter had a career high with 3 three-pointers.
American University Game Notes
- This loss extended the Eagles losing streak to 3 games.
- Daniel Munoz accounted for 31.2% of the team's points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (14) than the starters (12).
- Daniel Munoz has led the team in scoring 4 times in 12 games this season.
- Daniel Munoz set a career high with 3 three-pointers.
- Stephen Lumpkins has 11 straight double-digit point games.