(6-4, 3-3 away)
Sacramento State 60
(6-4, 4-2 home)
Venue: The Nest
10:05PM ET / 7:05PM PT, December 21, 2012
||M Ward 14
||K Jamar 6
||K Jamar 4
||J Dickson 15
||K Veteto 6
||D Garrity 5
Sacramento State faced off with Montana on Friday, December 21st and suffered a close loss to the Grizzlies 61-60 in conference play. John Dickson put up a team-high 15 points plus seven rebounds in the loss. Konner Veteto played his way to a double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds. Will Cherry finished with 10 points and five assists (4 Stl 3 Reb) for the Grizzlies. Sacramento State (6-4, 1-1 Big Sky) takes on Northern Arizona (4-6, 1-1 Big Sky) on Thursday, January 3rd on the road.
Sacramento State Game Notes
- The last time SacSt started the season 6-4 was 2005.
- SacSt beat the spread by 0.5 points. That makes the 2nd time this season the Hornets have beaten the spread.
- The Hornets have been unlucky 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Sacramento State has lost 25 close games.
- The Hornets have lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after having a field goal percentage of 38.9% or worse.
- In 100% of losses this season, the Hornets have a field goal percentage of 38.9% or worse.
- In 100% of losses this season, Sacramento State has recorded 13 or fewer free throws made.
- SacSt set season lows for blocks and three-pointers.
- This is the 6th game at home this season--SacSt has a 9.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- John Dickson recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 17.
- The top two scorers (John Dickson and Mikh McKinney) accounted for 48.3% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Konner Veteto and John Dickson) accounted for 48.5% of the rebounds.
- John Dickson has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 10 games this season.
- Konner Veteto has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 10 games this season.
- John Dickson has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- John Dickson had a career high with 5 offensive rebounds.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Mikh McKinney.
- Konner Veteto recorded the 5th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Konner Veteto has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Konner Veteto recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 4th of his career.
Montana Game Notes
- Montana won, but did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Mathias Ward and Kareem Jamar) accounted for 44.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Mathias Ward and Eric Hutchison) accounted for 41.6% of the rebounds.
- Mathias Ward has led the team in scoring 6 times in 10 games this season.
- Mathias Ward has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Kareem Jamar has 6 straight double-digit point games.