The NFL is always changing. Look at the Arizona Cardinals. They were perennially one of the worst teams in the league only to make it to the Super Bowl in 2008. One year a team can be the worst, the next year they are the best. Is it the Lions year in 2009? I don't think so, but here are three reasons to hope for each team in 2009.
1) They still have the core of dominant defense if they can get back into form.
2) Kyle Orton and Matt Forte provided enough of an offensive spark to go with their defense.
3) Devin Hester is still always one play away from changing the course of a game.
1) The switch to a 3-4 defense will suit their play-makers on defense.
2) Aaron Rodgers has another year of experience under his belt and still has the most talented group of wide receivers in the NFC north.
3) No one is talking about Brett Favre anymore.
1) Retained almost all of the players from the 2008 Division Championship Team.
2) Tarvaris Jackson has another year of experience, and they have a better backup if he does not work out again.
3) Adrian Peterson is still the best running back in the league.
1) Matt Millen is gone.
2) Culpepper to Johnson is almost as exciting as Culpepper to Moss was.
3) They got new uniforms (there really aren't three reasons why the Lions have a chance).
So, who will it be?