Florida Atlantic 52
(5-7, 1-5 away)
(6) Indiana 88
(11-1, 9-1 home)
Venue: Assembly Hall (IN)
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, December 21, 2012
||G Gantt 21
||J McCoy 6
||J Trapp 2
||C Zeller 16
||C Zeller 8
||K Ferrell 5
No. 6 Indiana squared off with Florida Atlantic on Friday, December 21st and thumped the Owls 88-52. It was all Indiana from the beginning and they led 55-25 at the half. The Hoosiers were led by Cody Zeller, who put up a season-high 24 points plus six rebounds. Victor Oladipo had 16 points and added eight rebounds. Greg Gantt put up his third straight game with 23 points or more for the Owls, scoring a game-high 25 points in 38 minutes. The next game will be on Friday, December 28th when Indiana (11-1, 0-0 Big Ten) hosts Jacksonville (4-7, 0-0 Atlantic Sun).
Indiana Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 14:21 left to go.
- Indiana started 11-1 during the 2007, 1999, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- IU beat the spread by 3.5 points. That makes the 5th time this season the Hoosiers have beaten the spread.
- This was the 9th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, IU has been on the winning end of 33 blowout games.
- IU set a season low for assists.
- The Hoosiers have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 12 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--IU has a 37.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Cody Zeller recorded a team season high in points with 24 and free throws made with 12.
- The top two scorers (Cody Zeller and Christian Watford) accounted for 46.5% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Hanner Mosquera-Perea and Victor Oladipo) accounted for 43.9% of the rebounds.
- Cody Zeller has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 12 games this season.
- Christian Watford has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Cody Zeller's career.
- Cody Zeller has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Cody Zeller had a career high with 12 free throws made.
- Victor Oladipo has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Victor Oladipo had a career high with 5 offensive rebounds.
- Hanner Mosquera-Perea recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
Florida Atlantic Game Notes
- Florida Atlantic lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 4th blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, FAU has been on the losing end of 17 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Owls losing streak to 3 games.
- Greg Gantt accounted for 48.0% of the team's points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (12) than the starters (10).
- Greg Gantt has led the team in scoring 10 times in 12 games this season.
- Kelvin Penn has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 12 games this season.
- This marks the 30th 20-point game of Greg Gantt's career.
- Greg Gantt has 3 straight 20+ point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Dragan Sekelja.