North Carolina 67
(8-3, 2-2 away)
Venue: Frank C. Erwin, Jr., Special Events Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, December 19, 2012
||J Michael McAdoo 15
||J Michael McAdoo 8
||D Strickland 4
||S McClellan 15
||J Holmes 8
||J Felix 6
On Wednesday, December 19th, Texas took on No. 23 North Carolina and upset the Tar Heels 85-67. With the win, the Longhorns improve to 1-1 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. Ioannis Papapetrou got 10 points and 10 rebounds for the Longhorns, earning a double-double. Cameron Ridley had eight points and added six rebounds. Reggie Bullock recorded a double-double for the Tar Heels on a season-high 18 points and 13 rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, December 22nd when Texas (7-4, 0-0 Big 12) heads to 20th-ranked Michigan State (10-2, 0-0 Big Ten).
Texas Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:00 left to go.
- Texas started 7-4 during the 2001 and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- Texas beat the spread by 23.0 points. That makes the 4th time this season the Longhorns have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, Texas played 47 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 18-29.
- The Longhorns have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 6 or more three-pointers.
- Texas has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 31.3% field goal percentage.
- Texas has won 88% of the time this season (7-1) when opponents record 21 or fewer field goals made.
- This season Texas has won 100% of the time (4-0) when Sheldon McClellan has 18 points or more and 83% of the time (5-1) when Cameron Ridley has 6 rebounds or more.
- The Longhorns set season highs for field goals made, steals, and total points.
- The last time Texas recorded at least 12 steals was Jan 04, 2011 against Arkansas.
- Texas set a season low for blocks.
- This is the 6th game at home this season--Texas has a 16.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Sheldon McClellan has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 11 games this season.
- Sheldon McClellan has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Julien Lewis had a career high with 7 field goals made.
- Jonathan Holmes had a career high with 6 field goals made.
- Ioannis Papapetrou recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ioannis Papapetrou recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Connor Lammert.
North Carolina Game Notes
- North Carolina lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Reggie Bullock and James Michael McAdoo) accounted for 47.7% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Reggie Bullock and James Michael McAdoo) accounted for 46.8% of the rebounds.
- Reggie Bullock has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 11 games this season.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for James Michael McAdoo.
- James Michael McAdoo set a career high with 6 steals.
- Reggie Bullock recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Reggie Bullock has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Reggie Bullock recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 3rd of his career.
- Reggie Bullock set career highs with 13 rebounds, 6 offensive rebounds, and 7 defensive rebounds.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Marcus Paige.