It could be a good day for Red Storm basketball at Alumni Hall (NY) on December 21st as St. John's takes on North Carolina-Asheville. The game tips off at 7:30 EST. The Red Storm come in at 8-3 overall. Meanwhile, the Bulldogs have a record of 4-7. The Red Storm RPI is No. 51 and the Bulldogs are ranked No. 237.
North Carolina-Asheville StatSmack
- The St. John's scoring leader (D`Angelo Harrison) has more points than the North Carolina-Asheville scoring leader (Jeremy Atkinson).
- It's only wins and losses, but St. John's has a better overall record than North Carolina-Asheville this season (8-3 vs 4-7).
- St. John's embarrassed North Carolina-Asheville by 55 points the last time they played (Nov 16, 1998).
- Winning is in our blood. St. John's had a better record in close games than North Carolina-Asheville last season (5-3 vs 2-4).
- D`Angelo Harrison is ranked 6th nationally in points and 35th nationally in steals.
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, St. John's has had more players drafted by the NBA than North Carolina-Asheville (1 vs 0).
- St. John's does a better job contesting shots (38.8% allowed vs 44.5% allowed) than North Carolina-Asheville this season.
- We beat real teams. St. John's had more wins against the RPI Top 50 than North Carolina-Asheville last season (2 vs 0).
- St. John's has a better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (0.522 to 0.480).
- Diaper Dandies love us. St. John's has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than North Carolina-Asheville (13 vs 0).