Alright fight fans, the end of the year is closely approaching so the time has come once again to spill your guts and let your voice be heard!
Here is your chance to vote for the 2012 B/R Best of Boxing Awards.
Just like we did last year (click here to see last year's winners) we will open the voting to anyone who is in good standing here at B/R; just private message me the B/R Boxing Community Leader, King J, your votes for the 14 categories of the 2012 B/R Best of Boxing Awards no later than Saturday January 5, 2013.
Here are the 14 categories we will be voting on and awarding in the sport of boxing for 2012.
1. 2012 Fight of the Year:
2. 2012 Fighter of the Year:
3. 2012 Knock Out of the Year:
4. 2012 Best Clinic of the Year:
5. 2012 Comeback of the Year:
6. 2012 Worst Decision of the Year:
7. 2012 Trainer of the Year:
8. 2012 Best Fight Card of the Year:
9. 2012 Best New Prospect of the Year:
10. 2012 Best Boxing Commentator of the Year:
11. 2012 Worst Fight of the Year:
12. 2012 Promoter of the Year:
13. 2012 Round of the Year:
14. 2012 Upset of the Year:
Voting is open to everyone who is in good standing here at B/R.
As for being selected for the expert commentary for any of the 14 categories, you must:
1) Be a featured columnist of ANY sports community here at B/R.
2) Or be currently ranked in the top 15 rankings here in the Boxing Community with successfully completing at least one minimum boxing writing assignment from Deputy Editor Scott Campbell (within the last two weeks; Scott and I will confirm this).
3) You must be actively contributing and commenting within the Boxing Community, and you must have your profile filled out with an actual photo of yourself as your profile picture. For we will post your profile picture next to your expert commentary for each award category that you have been selected to provide your expertise for.
4) You also may link your individual articles that may further break down or explain why you voted the way you did and to further explain your expert commentary.
Deadline for Voting
All voting must be in by Saturday, January 5 by 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time. We will aim to have the final collaboration piece completed with the final results and everyone's selected expert commentary to be blasted in our massive newsletter the following week.
Obviously, we do have some fights still left in the 2012 calendar year that very well may steal a win in some of the categories, so keep that in mind.
So there you have it, fight fans. Here is your chance once again to get it all off your chest and put true honest democracy to its full potential.
Let it be known what the true real deal fight fans and true boxing experts feel about what really went down in the sport of boxing in 2012.
If there are any further questions/comments/suggestions/concerns, as you guys know I am all ears. Feel free to private message me. Happy Holidays!
King J is the B/R Boxing Community Leader and Featured Columnist.
Follow on Twitter: @KingJ323
Follow on Instagram: KingJ323