The New Orleans Saints and Atlanta Falcons’ fantasy D/STs fared better than anticipated in a matchup of high-powered offenses on Thursday Night Football. Atlanta registered double-digit fantasy points for the fifth time this season (ESPN standard scoring) while the Saints’ awful defense managed to record a positive fantasy output.
That’s actually progress—New Orleans’ D/ST recorded less than zero fantasy points in three of its six games prior to Thursday night.
Fantasy owners as a whole wisely handled the situation, with 59.8 percent of ESPN.com users starting the Falcons D/ST and 0.8 percent rolling with the Saints in Week 13. There are plenty of favorable matchups for other fantasy defenses this week. Here’s No. 6 through No. 15.
6. Baltimore Ravens (vs. Pittsburgh Steelers).
7. Cincinnati Bengals (at San Diego Chargers).
8. Cleveland Browns (at Oakland Raiders).
9. Seattle Seahawks (at Chicago Bears).
10. Pittsburgh Steelers (at Baltimore Ravens).
11. Carolina Panthers (at Kansas City Chiefs).
12. San Francisco 49ers (at St. Louis Rams).
13. Buffalo Bills (vs. Jacksonville Jaguars).
14. Indianapolis Colts (at Detroit Lions).
15. Houston Texans (at Tennessee Titans).