Thursday Night Football simply did not deliver in terms of fantasy points scored by quarterbacks. Drew Brees and Matt Ryan, two top-10 options at the position, combined to complete 46 of 83 passes for 506 yards, one touchdown and five interceptions.
Contrary to conventional wisdom, Brees was not the owner of the touchdown pass—ending an incredible streak of regular-season games with a TD toss that began in 2009.
Philip Rivers (San Diego Chargers vs. Cincinnati Bengals) and Carson Palmer (Oakland Raiders vs. Cleveland Browns) have tough fantasy matchups at home against Ohio-based NFL squads. In its last three games, Cincinnati has allowed just 549 passing yards and one touchdown while picking off three passes.
Cleveland has surrendered a not-so-grand total of 1,005 passing yards in its last five contests, in addition to two touchdowns and three picks. The trifecta of AFC West quarterbacks to avoid in Week 13 concludes with Brady Quinn of the Kansas City Chiefs—largely because he hasn’t thrown a single touchdown pass in five games.
The guy you can trust in the AFC West is a top-five fantasy quarterback this week. Read on to see where Peyton Manning stacks up with the best options, but first check out who didn’t make the cut below.
6. Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers (at Kansas City Chiefs)
7. Tom Brady, New England Patriots (at Miami Dolphins)
8. Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions (vs. Indianapolis Colts)
9. Colin Kaepernick, San Francisco 49ers (at St. Louis Rams)
10. Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts (at Detroit Lions)
11. Matt Schaub, Houston Texans (at Tennessee Titans)
12. Andy Dalton, Cincinnati Bengals (at San Diego Chargers)
13. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Buffalo Bills (vs. Jacksonville Jaguars)
14. Josh Freeman, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (at Denver Broncos)
15. Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens (vs. Pittsburgh Steelers)