Redskins vs. Cowboys: Ten Key Moments in the Redskins' 38-31 Win
Tim Heitman-US PRESSWIRE
The Washington Redskins, led by rookie-of-the-year sensation QB Robert Griffin III, held off a surging Dallas Cowboys offense in the second half and relinquishing a 25-point halftime lead, beating the Dallas Cowboys on Thanksgiving Day, 38-31.
Redskins QB RG3 completed 20 of 28 passes for 311 yards and 4 TDs. He rushed for 29 yards and has had back-to-back four touchdown games.
Down 3-0 to the Cowboys after the first quarter, RG3, who is from Texas and attended Baylor University, gave his fans in the Lone Star State and across the nation something to cheer about.
1. The 'Skins scored on four straight possessions in the second quarter The first touchdown was a 68-yard completion to wide-open WR Aldrick Robinson.
2. The 'Skins next possession came after Josh Wilson's helmet-to-ball tackle, which forced Cowboys' WR Dez Bryant to fumble. RG3 and his presence in the pocket under pressure, combined with pinpoint accuracy, led to a 1-yard TD run by RB Alfred Morris.
3. RG3 connected with WR Pierre Garcon for a 21-3 lead. Garcon, who returned last week after missing several games with a toe injury, dodged tackles and ran 45 yards after the catch to vault the 'Skins to a 21-3 lead.
4. Cowboys QB Tony Romo threw his first interception of the game and first in more than three full games to set up the Redskins final TD of the first half. RG3 connected with WR Santana Moss for a six-yard TD completion as the Redskins lead at halftime, 28-3.
5. After a Cowboys FG to open the second half, both teams traded possessions with punts. Cowboys' QB Romo threw his second interception of the game but the 'Skins could not take advantage of the turnover. This led to the shift of momentum much needed by the otherwise struggling Cowboys offense.
6. Cowboys QB Romo completed a career-long, 85-yard TD completion to WR Dez Bryant to shrink the Redskins' lead 28-13.
7. With the fourth quarter underway, Redskins QB RG3 connected with a wide open TE Niles Paul for a 29-yard completion and a 'Skins lead extended to 35-13.
8. Tony Romo was not done. He led the Cowboys down the field and found RB Felix Jones With the two-point conversion, the crowd at Dallas Stadium began to sense a possible comeback. Redskins led 35-21.
9. With 8:59 remaining in the game, RG3 threw only his fifth interception of the year. The change in possession allowed the Cowboys to put together a drive resulting in a converted 4th-and-4 TD pass from the 'Skins' 11-yard line from QB Romo to WR Bryant to close the lead, 35-28.
10. With less than three minutes remaining in the pivotal NFC East division game, Redskins' kicker Kai Forbath made his 10th FG in 10 attempts as a Redskin. The Redskins extended their lead, 38-28.
As time elapsed and the two-minute warning passed, the Cowboys were able to add a field goal to make it a seven-point game. After an onside kick, recovered by the Redskins and returned to the Cowboys' 1-yard line, RG3 only had to take a knee to preserve the victory and snap the 'Skins' losing streak on Thanksgiving Day against the Cowboys.
Final score: Redskins win 38-31
With the win, the Redskins' move to 5-6 on the season and are tied for second in the NFC East. Their remaining games this season include NFC East division rivals the New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles and Dallas Cowboys—as well as the Baltimore Ravens and Cleveland Browns.
The Redskins' Week 13 opponent will be the NY Giants on Monday Night Football, Dec. 3.
*Unless otherwise noted, statistics obtained for this article were provided by Redskins.com and NFL.com.*
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?