Green Bay Packers: How Have They Previously Performed After the Bye Week?
The 6-3 Green Bay Packers had a bye last week and get back into the action this Sunday with a game against division rivals, the Detroit Lions. So how well have previous Packers teams done the week after a bye? Here’s a look at some of the stats.
* The Pack is 14-9 (a .605 winning percentage) after the bye week since 1990. They have, however, won nine of their last 11 after the week off. Of the last three Packers coaches, Mike McCarthy has the best record after the bye. His teams have won five and lost only one. Mike Sherman was 4-2. Mike Holmgren’s Packers were 3-5 the week after the bye.
* Twelve of the 23 games were decided by seven points or less. Last year, the Packers defeated the San Diego Chargers 45-38 in their first game after the bye week. The Packers have played in three overtime contests, winning one and losing two, after the bye.
* The Packers have a 7-1 record in games at home after the bye week. They are 7-8 in games away after the bye week. This week’s game is in Detroit.
* This year’s bye came on Week 10. In the past years, the Packers are 1-0 after a bye on Week 10. Other records after bye weeks: Week 3 bye, 0-1; Week 4 bye, 1-0; Week 5 bye, 1-1; Week 6 bye, 1-3; Week 7 bye, 4-2; Week 8 bye, 5-2; Week 9 bye, 1-0.
* Green Bay holds an advantage in turnovers in games after the bye week. The Packers have committed 32 turnovers to the opponents' 45. In the 11 games after the bye week in which the Packers had fewer turnovers than their opponents, they won 10 and lost one.
* The Packers came into the 2012 season one of nine teams that have won 60 percent or more of their games after the bye. The teams with the best record after the bye (prior to the 2012 season): Philadelphia 19-4, .826; Denver 17-6, .739; Minnesota 17-6, .739; Dallas 16-7, .696; Baltimore 11-5, .688; Buffalo 15-8, .652; Chicago 15-8, .652; Green Bay 14-9, .609; Pittsburgh 14-9, .605.
Follow Jerry on Twitter @StatsonTapp
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?