Anthony Pettis vs. Donald Cerrone Possibly for January 26 at UFC on Fox 6

Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse more stories
Anthony Pettis vs. Donald Cerrone Possibly for January 26 at UFC on Fox 6
Ethan Miller/Getty Images

The fight many fans have been waiting to see may now have a home and date.

As reported by mmajunkie.com, the lightweight contenders could meet at a proposed UFC on Fox 6 card. As of right now, a venue has not been determined, though Chicago has been brought up by the source from mmajunkie.com.

The two were reported to be fighting back at UFC 150 in Denver, before Pettis went down due to injury. Since then, the two have been linked together more than once, including the upcoming UFC on Fox in Seattle in December.

Cerrone has been hunting for this fight for a while. In the mmajunkie article, Cerrone was quoted about the stipulations surrounding this fight.

"Every time I suggest it, his manager comes back and says, 'Well, maybe 'Cowboy' could fight somebody else right now,' and it's just this excuse to not fight," he said. 

Pettis' camp disputed that claim and said the fighter would be ready to fight Cerrone, especially if a title shot were on the line. 

Pettis recently suffered from a staph infection that was thought to keep him out for a bit, but it seems his recovery went smoothly.

His most recent fight came back in Japan at UFC 144. He defeated Joe Lauzon with a brutal head kick that was thought to have earned him a title shot. That was, until Frankie Edgar was granted an immediate rematch against Ben Henderson.

As for Cerrone, his most recent win came at UFC 150 when he knocked out old training partner Melvin Guillard. He is now 8-1 under the UFC banner.

Load More Stories

Follow B/R on Facebook

Out of Bounds

UFC

Subscribe Now

We will never share your email address

Thanks for signing up.