Virender Sehwag the batting star of India has already done a lot for India in Tests. he is currently the only player who is playing to have posted two triple hundreds. He also shares the record for the most two hundred plus scores for an Indian with Rahul Dravid.
So let us analyse his five 200-plus scores in Test Cricket.
1. In 2004 Pakistan were playing against India in Multan the first Test of the three match Test series between them. India won the toss and elected to bat. Viru came to open with Akash Chopra and batted throughout the day.
He made 228* at the end of the first day. Tendulkar was playing with him. On the second day Sehwag just smashed and reached 295* after which he hit a cracking six on the leg side to complete 300.
He posted the record for the first Indian to score a 300.
2. In 2005 Pakistan had come to India and were playing in Bangalore the third and final Test of the three match series. Pakistan won the toss and elected to bat. Inzamam ul Haq and Younis Khan played great knocks to take Pakistan to 570. India were facing a huge task when they were put to bat at the end of the second day.
Gambhir and Sehwag shared a 55 run partnership in 10 overs to take India to 55/0 at the end of the second day. On the third day Gautam Gambhir fell and so did Dravid and Tendulkar.
But Sehwag was there and held the innings together. He made 201 and finally got out on a Danish Kaneria ball.
3. India were playing against Pakistan at the Gaddafi Stadium at Lahore. This was the first Test of the three match series and India were looking for a win. Pakistan won the toss and elected to bat.
Younis Khan and Mohammad Yusuf made 150 plus scores to set the foundation and later Shahid Afridi and Kamran Akmal provided quick hundreds to take the score to 679 at the end of the second day.
India new that they had very little chance of winning but they still wanted to scrape a draw. So Sehwag and Dravid came out to bat and India were 65/0 at the end of the second day.
Sehwag sizzled in the rain hit third day and finally reached 96* with Dravid batting on 37. Finally on the fourth day both of them batted all day and Sehwag made 247* and Dravid made 128*.
4. South Africa were playing against India the first match of the three match Test series in Chennai. South Africa won the toss and chose to bat After half Centuries from Smith, McKenzie and Boucher and a century from Amla, South Africa reached 540 and provided India a huge task to achieve.
India were not in great form at that time and everyone thought that they would lose. But Viru came out to bat and scored 52 at the end of he second day.
He scored 100 on the third day then cruised to a double hundred after smashing a lot and finally at the end of the third day he scored the fastest triple century ever and also the first over the strike rate of 100.
Drarvid also scored a slow 100 and India finally finished at 627.
5. India were playing against Sri Lanka at Galle. India had already lost the first Test by an innings and 239 runs and wanted to level the series in the second Test. India won the toss and chose to bat.
Viru came out to bat with Gambhir and finally scored a hundred on the rain hit first day. Gambhir got out after he scored a 50 and India were 214/4 after day one. Sehawg batted throught the innings and even faced the dangerous mystery spinner Ajantha Mendis, but did not lose his wicket.
Ajantha Mendis pierced through the Indian order but couldn't get rid of Sehwag. He finally scored 201* after India were all out and helped India to make 329.