There are many certainties in the Men's NCAA basketball tournament this year; A No. 1 seed will not lose to a No. 16 seed, everyone will tire of Dick Vitale by the end of day two, and Coach K will whine incessantly about a perceived no call that didn't go in favor of his Dukies.
What I am going to throw out here are five far-fetched predictions that may seem outrageous at first, but have a fairly good chance of actually happening.
5) North Carolina will NOT win or play for the National Championship though many of the "experts" have all but handed them the trophy.
4) Duke will NOT make the Elite Eight.
3) The ACC will have three teams in the Elite Eight (not Duke).
2) If East Tennessee State University gets a 14th or lower seed, they will pull of a major upset it the first round—Courtney Pigram is the real deal.
1) The Louisville Cardinals will win the National Championship.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!