That RGIII guy sure is something, isn’t he? Robert Griffin III got knocked out of the Washington Redskins’ Week 5 contest against the Atlanta Falcons, causing Redskins nation to hold its collective breath and sinking fantasy owners in the process.
He made a triumphant return to the field in Week 6, leading the Redskins to a 38-26 victory over the Minnesota Vikings and putting up huge fantasy numbers in the process.
The only week that you should consider sitting Griffin appears to be when the Redskins are on a bye. He’ll be playing the division rival New York Giants for the first time this week, where he'll face stiff competition from quarterback Eli Manning.
Manning has been playing well of late, and has also been able to lean on his running game even in unfavorable matchups.
And the Giants have been successful.
Washington allows teams to have a lot of success passing the football on them, making Manning a top-five fantasy quarterback option in Week 7.
Another divisional matchup in the NFC South will pit two defenses that can’t stop the pass against two offenses that are equipped to throw the football.
The New Orleans Saints will take on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on the road in what should be another fun fantasy football shootout.
Drew Brees and Josh Freeman should both be slotted in for this week's game. Brees’ fantasy owners have been waiting for his return since the Saints were on a bye in Week 6, but Freeman should be a nice bye-week replacement for guys like Matt Ryan or Michael Vick.
Six quarterbacks will be on a bye in Week 7.
Cam Newton has a chance to get back on track at home against the Dallas Cowboys. He’ll be coming off of a bye, but the Cowboys have been great against fantasy passers this season. From a fantasy perspective, Newton has done better in matchups with teams that have had troubles stopping the run.
He cracks the top 10 based on his rushing potential and ability to find the end zone in the ground game—but if he doesn’t get there, he might deliver a fourth disappointing fantasy day.
Below are my top 15 quarterbacks for Week 7.
1. Robert Griffin III, Washington Redskins (at New York Giants)
2. Tom Brady, New England Patriots (vs. New York Jets)
3. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints (at Tampa Bay Buccaneers)
4. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers (at St. Louis Rams)
5. Eli Manning, New York Giants (vs. Washington Redskins)
6. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers (at Cincinnati Bengals)
7. Andy Dalton, Cincinnati Bengals (vs. Pittsburgh Steelers)
8. Josh Freeman, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (vs. New Orleans Saints)
9. Jay Cutler, Chicago Bears (vs. Detroit Lions)
10. Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers (vs. Dallas Cowboys)
11. Matt Schaub, Houston Texans (vs. Baltimore Ravens)
12. Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts (vs. Cleveland Browns)
13. Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens (at Houston Texans)
14. Mark Sanchez, New York Jets (at New England Patriots)
15. Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions (at Chicago Bears)
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!