TNA Wrestling: Live Bound for Glory Pay-Per-View Play-by-Play Coverage
Tonight, TNA Wrestling presents its biggest pay-per-view of the year, Bound For Glory from the Grand Canyon University Arena in Phoenix, Arizona. After weeks of building up the event on Impact! Wrestling, TNA has finally completed the long-awaited pay-per-view lineup card.
Below is a complete preview of the matches set to take place at Bound For Glory:
- Al Snow vs. Joey Ryan
- Zema Ion vs. Rob Van Dam for the X-Division championship
- Miss Tessmacher vs. Tara for the Knockouts championship
- Magnus vs. Samoa Joe for the TV title
- Bobby Roode vs. James Storm in a street fight with special enforcer King Mo
- Christopher Daniels and Kazarian vs. AJ Styles and Kurt Angle vs. Chavo Guerrero and Hernandez for the tag team titles
- Aces and Eights vs. Sting and Bully Ray—If Aces and Eights win, they receive full access to the Impact! Zone. If they lose, Aces and Eights are gone from TNA forever.
- Austin Aries vs. Jeff Hardy for the world heavyweight championship
With the matches set to take place at Bound For Glory, here are my predictions for what will happen at the pay-per-view:
- With a TNA contract on the line, Ryan will overcome a strong effort by Snow to earn not only a victory but a spot on the roster.
- Ion will retain the X-Division title after stealing a win from Van Dam.
- Miss Tessmacher will retain the Knockouts title by defeating Tara.
- After battling it out throughout the arena, Storm will come away with the victory, possibly setting up a new feud between King Mo and Roode.
- Daniels and Kazarian, who have done terrific work as TNA's most effective heel tag team partners, should have their hands raised at the end of the match.
- TNA has an opportunity to make things interesting with Aces and Eights, even possibly revealing the leader behind the group at Bound For Glory. After a strong battle, Aces and Eights will come away with the victory to gain full access to the Impact! Zone.
- In the main event of the evening, Aries will retain the world heavyweight title.
Questions are set to be answered at Bound For Glory. Who will retain or lose their titles? Will the leader of Aces and Eights appear? Could Aries turn into a full-heel character with his match against Hardy in the main event? The Bound For Glory pay-per-view could provide a tease on where TNA is going in the future.
TNA Bound For Glory live pay-per-view coverage:
Bound For Glory opens with a touching video package recapping the event's most memorable moments.
Match No. 1: Rob Van Dam vs. Zema Ion for the X-Division title.
Your winner and new X-Division champion: Rob Van Dam. A decent opening to Bound For Glory. It was shocking to see Van Dam come away with the victory to capture the belt. It should be interesting to see what Van Dam brings to the X-Division.
Match Rating: 3/5
Match No. 2: Magnus vs. Samoa Joe for the Television title.
Your winner to retain the Television title: Samoa Joe. The chemistry between Joe and Magnus really showed at Bound For Glory, as this match was very entertaining to watch and the crowd in the arena was very much into it.
Match Rating: 3.5/5
Match No. 3: Bobby Roode vs. James Storm with special enforcer King Mo in a street fight match.
Your winner via pin fall: James Storm. One of the best street fight matches TNA has displayed ever on pay-per-view. Storm and Roode really worked well together at Bound For Glory and delivered one of the intense street fight matches any viewer could watch. Great work by both Storm and Roode.
Match Rating: 5/5
Match No. 4: Al Snow vs. Joey Ryan.
Your winner via pin fall: Joey Ryan. During the final moments of the match, Matt Morgan made his TNA return by knocking out Snow with a boot to the face. With the victory, Ryan earns a TNA contract. A bit of a slower match between Snow and Ryan but picked up slightly during the end.
Match Rating: 2.5/5
Match No. 5: Kazarian and Christopher Daniels vs. Kurt Angle and AJ Styles vs. Chavo Guerrero and Hernandez for the World Tag Team titles.
Your winners and new Tag Team champions via pin fall: Hernandez and Chavo Guerrero. This was an unexpected result, as Hernandez and Guerrero were able to overcome the odds with the victory. However, despite the unpredictable ending, this was a very solid tag team match.
Match Rating: 4/5
Match No. 6: Tara vs. Miss Tessmacher for the Knockouts title.
Your winner and new Knockouts champion via pin fall: Tara. A pretty decent Knockouts match that saw Tara continue her recent roll through the Knockouts division. After the match, Tara takes the microphone and introduces her boyfriend to the ring from the television show Big Brother, Jessie Godderz.
Match Rating: 3/5
TNA aired an exclusive video package of Sting's Hall of Fame introduction.
Match No. 7: Aces and Eights vs. Sting and Bully Ray.
Your winners via pin fall: Aces and Eights. After the match, Hulk Hogan came out to the ring and attacked members of Aces and Eights. However, in a shocking turn of events, Devon was revealed to be the one of the leaders of Aces and Eights. It is quite clear that after this match, Aces and Eights will play a major role on TNA television.
Match Rating: 3.5/5
Match No. 8: Jeff Hardy vs. Austin Aries for the Heavyweight title.
Your winner and new World Heavyweight champion via pin fall: Jeff Hardy. A terrific main event with plenty of action both inside and outside the ring. It will be interesting to see what Hardy can do in terms of helping TNA by being the World Heavyweight champion.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?