This is the 30th anniversary of the underdog 1978-79 New York Rangers, who made it all the way to the Stanley Cup Finals.
See how much you remember about this team. The answers will be posted tomorrow.
1. Who coached the 1978-79 Rangers?
2. What team did they lose to in the Stanley Cup Finals?
3. What teams did they beat in the playoffs to reach the Finals?
4. Who led the team in points during the regular season?
5. Who led the team in goals during the regular season?
6. Who led the team in penalty minutes?
7. What rookie was called up during the regular season and recorded 26 points in 28 games?
8. The team had two defensemen with more than 50 points. Who were they?
9. Who were the two backup goalies to John Davidson?
10. Who was the only player on the team who also played for the Rangers in their last Stanley Cup appearance in 1972?
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!