The Monday, October 1 edition of WWE Monday Night Raw took place live from the Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. WWE announcer Michael Cole noted at the beginning of the broadcast that this week's Raw would be called Jim Ross Appreciation Night.
The show opened with a long promo from WWE Champion CM Punk, manager Paul Heyman, general manager AJ Lee, Dolph Ziggler, Vickie Guerrero, Daniel Bryan and Kane. Lee booked a match for the main event of Raw featuring Ziggler and Punk against Kane and Bryan.
Raw featured a world championship debate between Sheamus and The Big Show. WWE SmackDown's Booker T was also involved in the segment.
In another segment, Ross was brought to the ring for his Appreciation Night. However, this was quickly disrupted by Punk, who mocked Ross. Fortunately for Ross, Ryback came out for the save.
Below are the match results from Monday Night Raw:
- Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara defeated Primo and Epico in the first round of the tag team tournament.
- Antonio Cesaro defeated Brodus Clay in a non-title singles match.
- The Miz defeated Zack Ryder in a non-title singles match.
- Ryback defeated Tensai in a singles match.
- Eve defeated Beth Pheonix in a non-title singles match.
- Santino defeated Heath Slater in a singles match.
- Sheamus defeated Damien Sandow in a singles match.
- Alberto Del Rio defeated Kofi Kingston in a singles match.
- Kane and Bryan defeated Dolph Ziggler and CM Punk in a tag-team match.
My Quick Thoughts on WWE Monday Night Raw
Despite that the show continues to be dragged out because of its format, Raw's final hour was much better than the first two, thanks to Punk's terrific performance. His segment with Ross and Ryback was terrific to watch.
The opening segment of Raw lasted way too long, as I began to grow tired of what was happening in the ring.
Raw had its high points with some solid television matches that included Sheamus and Sandow. The main event was also a good match with plenty of action.