Show is out first after the break and Orton’s music hits, but we don’t see him come out. Del Rio comes out instead and he has a mic in his hand.
Del Rio says he will be taking Orton’s place, but Orton ends up attacking him and running him into the big WWE sign on the stage.
Orton limps down to the ring as Show taunts him from the ring. We go to another commercial already.
After the break, the bell rings and Big Show tries to corner the hurt Orton. Orton ends up fighting out of the corner right away, but Show downs him with a single head-butt.
Big Show tries for his Shhh Chop but Orton fights out only to get downed again. Show focuses on the hurt ribs by squeezing Orton’s side with his huge hands.
Show keeps on the ribs with a single punch that takes Orton down to the mat. He keeps on Orton with a big head-butt and a standing elbow drop takedown for a two-count.
Is that what you call that move?
They go to the outside and Show drops Orton’s ribs over the barricade before yet another commercial.
After the break, Show is still dominating Orton. Orton ends up hitting a DDT when Show goes for the Chokeslam to get some breathing room.
Orton gets a one-count before stomping on various parts of Show’s body. Show gets up and goes back to the ribs with several punches.
Show yells at Orton to quit as he punishes him with more shots to the gut. Show locks in a claw to Orton’s side before stepping on his chest and walking over him.
Big Show winds up and hits a big right to the ribs, sending Orton to the outside. Orton is able to run Show into the ring post and he rolls back in the ring.
Show gets on the apron and Orton tries for the rope-hung DDT but Show is too big.
Big Show calls for the Chokeslam again but Orton hits an RKO out of nowhere for a two count. Orton backs up and tries to punt Show but he gets caught in a Chokeslam.
Show only gets a two-count and he picks up Orton and holds him for a couple seconds before hitting a second chokeslam for the pin and the win.
Winner: Big Show
Show beats Orton clean and becomes No. 1 contender. After the match Big Show returns to the ring and hits the WMD on Orton to knock him out.
The camera angle was pretty bad on that WMD. You could tell Show was not hitting him square in the jaw really easily.
Big Show grabs a mic and tells Sheamus he will see him at HIAC. The show ends with Show leaving the ring.
1. If you take someone out backstage, you automatically get dibs on the match.
2. Unless that person can attack you before you make it to the ring.
3. There is no such thing as too little time between commercial breaks.
1. Big Show is selling his heel character pretty well.
2. Orton can sell an injury better than most, but he is no Nick Nemeth in that department.
3. Big Show is a heel and he beat Orton clean.
1. What was with that commercial right as Orton was walking towards the ring? There was about a minute between breaks.
2. There were three commercial breaks between the time Del Rio attacked Orton and the end of the match with Big Show.