The show opens with Michael Cole and Josh Matthews hyping the main event. Lillian brings out Edge to kick off the show and he gets a huge ovation from the crowd.
I still can't get used to the short hair. Matthews plugs Edge appearing on Haven after the show as Edge soaks up the cheers.
Edge plugs Haven really quick to start things off. He says he has been watching WWE as a fan again and he has never seen anything like Kane and Daniel Bryan.
After Edge shows a clip from Night of Champions, we see Daniel Bryan come out. Bryan does his thing where he screams that he is the tag team champions. Bryan says he is one with his emotions as the crowd starts chanting, "Yes!"
Bryan brings up Vickie Guerrero and asks if Edge ever thinks of his ex-wife. Bryan says Edge should go back to acting and enjoy his retirement. Bryan says nobody can make him snap and Edge takes that as a challenge.
They start going back and forth with yes and no and Edge tells the crowd that he gets why this is so fun now. Kane's pyro hits and he comes out and says that he is the tag team champions.
Kane and Bryan go back and forth, which sends Edge into a frenzy. Kane and Bryan try to calm him down and tell him that Dr. Shelby has some great techniques he could use.
Edge's mind is blown at how Kane is going for this therapy stuff. Edge brings up his messed-up history with Kane to highlight how Kane is insane. Kane says he remembers all of it and he needs to fix the situation.
Edge thinks this means he is getting attacked, but Kane opens his arms for a hug instead. It takes a minute, but they finally embrace, although Edge looks really confused.
Bryan starts screaming no for some reason and Edge invites him into the hug. Damien Sandow comes out and says SmackDown has been taken down a notch by Kane and Bryan.
Edge tells Sandow to shut up and invites him to take on one of the champions if he has a problem with them. Edge asks the crowd what they think, and Sandow says their opinion doesn't matter. Edge gets the crowd really riled up as we head to commercial.
After the break, we see Kane and Sandow squaring off for a match.
Kane vs. Damien Sandow
Sandow gets knocked down early with a shoulder block and Sandow bails. Kane chases him around the ring and hits a big uppercut.
Sandow runs right into a big boot from Kane and he tries to go to the outside. He turns into Daniel Bryan who screams, "I am the tag team champions."
Sandow gets in a few hits, but Kane hits a back suplex to get the advantage back. He hits a corner clothesline followed by a sidewalk slam for a two-count.
Kane goes up to the top and hits the flying clothesline before setting up for a chokeslam. Bryan gets up and holds up both belts and starts yelling, "I am the tag team champions."
Sandow takes advantage of the distraction and hits his neckbreaker for the pin and the win. Bryan seems happy about what just happened.
Winner: Damien Sandow
1. Edge still looks weird with short hair.
2. Nobody since John Cena has received the type of mixed responses that Daniel Bryan has.
3. The proper phrasing is "I am the tag team champions."
4. Kane is easily distracted.
1. Bryan bringing up Edge's love affair with Vickie Guerrero was a nice touch.
2. When Bryan and Kane are in a segment, the rules of proper grammar go out the window.
3. When Edge went nuts and Kane and Bryan tried to calm him down, I almost spit out my drink.
4. The look on Bryan's face when Edge offered to have him join the group hug was priceless.
5. Damien Sandow calling SmackDown a "serial."
6. Sandow held his own with Kane pretty well.
1. The first commercial break was very poorly placed.
2. The ending to the Kane/Sandow match made Kane look stupid and weak.